Sunday, May 20, 2012

25 Mar. 2012: WAITING FOR THE UPS IN LIFE (LIFAN, to be exact)











Most mornings are beach speed-walking past life guard training, with planking as their discipline. We clock another 100,000 steps on the Kellogg scale. Turning inland we pass gardens mixed with cactus and wildflowers.

But today was special! Regular readers will remember a blog from Vietnam in January. It told about my 30-year search for a replacement engine for a Honda motorbike I've had since I was 16. I had scoured Ontario, Mexico, China, and thought Vietnam would finally be a source of a used 90cc engine. Not to be. Instead, I found a brand new  clone 110cc online, made in China by a company famous everywhere but in North America --- LIFAN (LEE-fan). Imported by Hooper in Redmond, Washington. 

The wait for the UPS in life was excruciating but finally the guy in brown shorts wheeled the Lifan in. Ain't she pretty??

No comments:

Post a Comment