Sunday, May 20, 2012

10 Dec. 2011: WET, DAMN! VIETNAM







It occurred to me we haven't actually seen the sun in Vietnam. There have been yellow smudges in the sky but mostly drizzly rain. Now it's worse. For the last 3 days there has been monsoon rain, I mean nonstop deluge. Vietnam is mostly tropical, so we expected humidity. But we forgot about the "winter is the rainy season in Asia" part. I saw my first decorated Christmas tree in a home window, so I know it's winter. If this were snow, we'd have about 4 or 5 feet so far. No let up in the forecast.

We're in a good place to wait it out ---- there's internet, some TV, and cheap foodfills literally next door. And novels. But we're getting cabin fever and have already stayed an extra day in Hue without having seen any of it. We have to move on tomorrow on a bus to Hoi An, but the forecast is rain all the way down the coast for many days. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment