Tuesday, March 8, 2011

March 8: Pancakes, Women, and Roy


































March 8 is 3 big celebrations in one day. First it's Mardi Gras (aka Pancake Tuesday). How I miss pancakes from my mom, my aunt, and even my niece but down here it had to be an IHOP stack. We were the only ones not having breakfast in biker black leather.

Second, today is the 100th Anniversary of International Women's Day. No shortage of women in the bike scene here, dressing themselves and the next generation in (you guessed it) biker black leather.

But on the personal side, today would have been Pat's dad Roy's birthday. Apparently he liked to eat as much as I do (see pancakes, above). But he would never drive on the sidewalk like these Michigan guys. And I doubt he would drive the 16-cylinder dual-Chev-V8 bike --- too wasteful. Happy Birthday, Roy!

Too bad March 8 was a cloudy day for the skywriter --- he was spelling out "God Loves You" but forgot that it was cloudy. All you could read was "OD" or "ES".

No comments:

Post a Comment