Saturday, March 5, 2011

I Am Woman Hear Me ROAR























































Blog Editor's Note: Pat is on her way to BikerChick! Here's her story of how it happened...


We've seen wives, mothers & grandmothers, daughters, sisters and girlfriends riding big bikes. So no surprise to find a shop Motorcycles For Women appropriately called ROAR.


Before Rick could say "We'll get you one too!", I was being sized for a bike ... way more fun than a prom dress fitting. Each bike is a custom fit: petite, extra petite, small, medium, large, extra large; height, inside leg seam , arm, hand size...like Kate's wedding dress! The only guy in the all-woman staff bragged that they have made bikes for women from 4'11" to 6' 2". My head was spinning ..I thought I only needed to pick the colour!


And of course it's not just the bike. I'll need helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, jewelery. Yes they carry it all AND a newly designed line of cosmetics for women who ride. Biker chicks need "Windblown" makeup with extra sunscreen, a formula that won't breakdown in high temperatures and most important --- packaging that withstands bouncing around in my Gucci leather saddle bag!


So my pick is a chicked-out Yamaha called Old School and the colour: 57 Chevy Blue.
Now that's girl power!

No comments:

Post a Comment