Saturday, March 5, 2011

Bike Week Day 1: The Scene


































































Speak up, my hearing's been ruined... First full day of Bike Week and unbelievably the bikes are still pouring in by the tens of thousands, like draft beer into an aircraft carrier. Luckily there's an extremely thorough, hour-by-hour program of all the events in all the places and all the details. But Ground Zero is a mile-long encampment of Biker Nation along the Halifax River. Pat is right when she says I like going to scenes whether nature or human or, as in this case, "Other". Impossible to describe the parade of machines, macho, and scary maids flowing like... Well, like cotton into a T-shirt factory? Like sun into bare skin? Like motor oil into the world's noisiest crankcase? Take your pick, it is absolutely the craziest scene I have ever scene. Speak up, I've got exhaust in my ear...

No comments:

Post a Comment