Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Days: Overwhelming





















All Canadian media is full of details and pictures about the Olympics, now just 10 days away. But let me tell you --- seeing what happens behind-the-scenes so that you can watch the Games on TV is overwhelming. The technology, the production professionals, the massive organization, and of course the staggering sums of money are all way beyond anything except maybe an illegal invasion or a moon landing.






After just 2 days on the job I have already had awesome experiences (and mistakes!) that I wish I could write about. But my contract details and the stifling needs of security won't allow it until long after these Games. Just let me say I have been doing 2 of my favourite things --- being with people from other countries is one of them, can you guess the other? Yesterday was Groundhog Day and I hope that, as in the Bill Murray movie, the emotional highs just keep on happening.






No comments:

Post a Comment