Monday, March 4, 2013

MEMORIES AND OMENS

This island has been the source of many memories over the decades. The Orange Juice Guy has been on his corner for 30 years and probably served some to my late sister in the '80's. Over on the wild side, other Canadians have clambered up jagged rocks to set up our iconic Inuit inukshuks ---- stones piled to show the way home. An Asian tourist suffers a flat, an omen of how flat I'll feel by the end of today.






An entire Mexican family (including dog!) on a scooter reminds me how small my remaining family is, and how important to have them together often. Three guys in bright colours on the sidewalk remind me how important it is to have some fun, life is short. And finally the day's sunset reminds me that all wonderful things come to an end. All this a preamble to some sad news from home, and an urgent trip tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment