Monday, August 20, 2012

THERE"S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

The surgeon came by yesterday to check me over. We had made a deal that if I met all the tests (like walking up stairs and having good blood pressure numbers) I could leave today. So after 13 days in hospitals but only 3 1/2 after surgery, I was able to say good bye to my roommates Snore-y, Smell-y, and Whine-y and just walk out the door to my equally excited chauffeur.

The sun had dawned through my eastview window, a good omen like getting an ace in a poker hand. Just fantastic to drive through Ontario farm lands where in my absence the corn had grown high and the cattle fat. Mennonites set up at roadside selling everything from gladiolas to Deutsche apple pie. And invariably, maple leaves have started their annual rainbow ride.









The drive up our lane was not as dramatic as I expected. The pondfish are OK, the tomatoes are sandwich-size. We did have some severe wind damage to the gazebo and everything needs a trim, like boys needing a haircut before back-to-school. It will take a while before I get my full strength back. But overall it is soooo good to be home. Thanks for all your support and prayers. Now do me a favour and count your blessings tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment