Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HEARTS ARE WILD

Not much to write about today except thanks to all of my friends and family out there that have called. I'm glad it's raining often --- this area needs it, and I'm not tempted to escape to put the top down. When you ask how I'm doing/feeling, the answer is a combination of bored, impatient, monotonous, and frustrated just waiting. As probably in your life and work, there is a lack of communication. No hint at when surgery will be, no comment on the criteria for that to happen.

After meals and meds I wander away from the room to avoid the shouts and hallucinations of the 86-year old in the room with me. On Speed channel (in the lounge) I see Apolo Ohno the Olympic skater go goo-goo over his pimped-out '60 Cadillac. It has Olympic rings on the dashboard, and a mini skating rink (real ice) in the trunk! Where will they get a mini Zamboni??

I'm on the cardiology floor, so staff have cutsie-fied it with lots of hearts. There are hearts on the doors, on wreaths, on notice boards, and strewn here and there like red confetti at a white wedding. My heart is on my sleeve for you-know-who and we want to make a run for it but it's obvious Everyone Is Watching.















No comments:

Post a Comment