Sunday, August 12, 2012

MY OLYMPICS

It's day 6 of my hospital stay with many more days to come. I look the same, feel the same, and I've never been confined this long indoors in my life. Longing for fresh air! So I'm musing today that this is my Olympics....

I.O.C. = Institute Of Cardiology

Opening Ceremony: Last Tuesday when I casually strolled into this stadium. 2 1/2 hour ceremony started with that new group "EKG"

Relay Team: Wiarton Hospital, Ambulance Transfer, Angiogram, Kitchener Hospital

Doping and meds and blood testing: They actually WANT me to take drugs!

Team Canada Cardiology: blood Girl With The Dog-on Tattoo, RN's, RPN's, MRP's, and a (gulp!) Pastor

Village: no wifi, shower down the hall,  $11/day TV, but funny room mate in for same event

Meals: Customized for each participant, but oddly no alcohol or tobacco!

Weather: Gratefully, it has been overcast and raining all week

Security: One of the surgeons finally approved a 4-hr. pass to go out of the building but I had to watch his card trick first!

My events: I wanted to Sprint through all this but it looks like I'm in for a Marathon











Oh --- did I mention my team smuggled in some secret gear?? It should keep me until my Closing Ceremony next week!













2 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us posted! Sounds like you have a great attitude, as usual. :) You're in our thoughts and prayers. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that a snack......where is the rest of your lunch??????? I hope you enjoyed your short prison break. Bring on the main event.

    ReplyDelete