Sunday, September 29, 2013

SUNRISE, AND THE SON ALSO RISES

We left before sunrise this morning on a 1000-mile drive that will head north, south, west, and east in that order in the next week. Check it out in the next posting....

Not many photos this week because there was more waiting than doing at 36 Wineva. Window blinds, garage doors, and brick repointing are all on their way but out of our hands. We saw a couple of movies: a tour-de-force by Kate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine, and a long (and overrated?) Prisoners. But by Thursday we were back at Kemble expecting some fall colour show. The sun is rising later but no less glaring. The frogs are enjoying their last chances to bask on warm rocks. The pumpkins are bashfully small while the ever-bearing strawberry plants are living up to their name. Topdown rides through the leaves --- but they're still mostly green or drab here! Better results by going over to Sauble Beach for al fresco fish 'n chips and a drive-in sunset.








On a very personal note, this week I proudly revealed to family and friends that I have legally changed my name back to Wyszynski, which it was until I changed it to you-know-what 41 years ago.  My dad must be happy, but I'm still getting used to signing (practice with me now -----) W-Y-S-Z-Y-N-S-K-I!











No comments:

Post a Comment