Sunday, April 28, 2013

EARTH DAY TO DAFFODIL DAY, WITH A RAINBOW LINING

This week started with Earth Day and included Daffodil Day (for cancer research). You could say we honoured both by working in the dirt and welcoming  the daffies as they bloomed in the yard. We had a snow day and then a freezing rain day. So how cold was it? It was so cold the lawyers had their hands in their OWN pockets!

The spring turkey hunt started and the turkeys were nervous, dark targets on a white background. But it turned warm and sunny, allowing the early frog to stake out his pond pot for the season. The attic in the garden shed had to be cleaned out of the winter's mouse and squirrel nests and toilets. November's leaves had to be raked up and dragged to their next life. Our always helpful neighbour came over with his ATV and chain saw to share the fun of thinning out some ash trees. They're bigger/heavier than they look!











The best news of the week though was the official final report on my rehab assessment.The numbers are so good you'll think I was making them up but the bottom line is all excellent. As my trainer said, "You couldn't ask for better results!" And I'm not making this up either ---- minutes after that phone call, a rainbow arced out front. All my angels making sure I remember how blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment