Sunday, June 20, 2021

HELLO DADS! FAREWELL SPRING...

 Two cosmic happenings today. Most personal is the tribute to my dad, from whom all my strengths come. Cool dude, eh? And then it's the last day of spring ----- a season that came and went quickly in this pandemic era. Glorious farthest-north sunrise brings hope, odd cloud formations mimic uncertainty.



Local wildlife carry on like it's just another day. Raccoons in the trees, monarchs on the purple cat mint, Cirque de Squirrel.



Snakes prowling in the pond. The fox wolfs down fish skin and leaves a marker --- that thing with a tail is not a mouse!


The Coast Guard channel tender Ridley glided into the bay. By chance I saw it in town ---- way bigger than you think. Some docking practice and then it ships out within 8 hours. No shore leave for the crew?!




Best way to honour our fathers is to work hard and with meaning. Pat honours Roy Draves by tending the pond with lifting and grit.


I never gave my dad flowers ---- not manly at the time, I guess. Now somehow it seems right to match my dad with today's exuberant spring colours. Here's to you, dad, with love.



Walter Wyszynski 1911-1985.



No comments:

Post a Comment