Monday, October 24, 2011

Last Post B4C






This laptop gets packed away like everything else today. I'm in Owen Sound tonight and catch the 3-hour airport shuttle in the morning. From then I'll be in transit about 42 hours to Pat's door. The last time we were in China together was more than 10 years ago. The building boom had started but there were still contradictions in time, like the phone booth pictured. Do you think that booth is still there, in a country with over 300 million cell phones?
It's never easy to leave home with all its comforts and beauty. But opportunity/adventure calls, and it's no fun being a world apart from each other.
This is my last blog post before China, but I hope there will be lots more from within. The internet connection with Pat has been suspiciously wonky, and she has not been able to access this blog there. There should be a new post by next week, but I will have to rely on you followers to let me know if it got through. Wish us all luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment